Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Runners' Knee


I'm laying low this week with a sore knee, technically called chondromalacia but better known as the dreaded "runners' knee." The condition is brought about by over training, raising mileage too quickly, and hyper-extension of the knee. All of these apply to me. Naturally, we had a warm, sunny, all around gorgeous weekend here in the rainforest. I missed a popular spring 5k run staged during a minus tide across the channel behind our house, but this year's run had to be re-routed because an angry sow with two cubs was hissing and spitting at people. Our next door neighbor also discovered a less aggressive bear hiding under his deck. Yes, the long winter is definately over and we're cruising towards the midnight sun. Not being able to run, I popped some Ibuprofen, washed it down with an Alaskan IPA, and we flew kites by our house. I'm feeling better already...

No comments:

Post a Comment